Thursday, November 9, 2023

Water of Life

If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 
Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, 
streams of living water will flow from within him."
John. 7:37-38

The Angel brought me back to the entrance of the temple, and I saw water flowing out from beneath the threshold of the temple toward the east, for the facade of the temple was toward the east; the water flowed down from the southern side of the temple, south of the altar. He led me outside by the north gate, and around to the outer gate facing the east, where I saw water trickling from the southern side. (Ezekiel 47:1-2)

This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah; and when it enters the stagnant waters of the sea, the water will become fresh. And wherever the river goes every living creature which swarms will live, and there will be very many fish; for this water goes there, that the waters of the sea may become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes. (Ezekiel 47:8-9)


"Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. 
Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water 
welling up to eternal life."
John. 4:14

"And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing." (Ezekiel 47:12)

FREE GIFT

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life" (Rev. 21:6).

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost (Is. 55:1). Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life (Rev. 22:17).

THIRST FOR GOD

Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled (Mt. 5:6).





As the hind longs for the running waters, so my soul longs for you, O God.

A thirst is my soul for God, 
the living God. 

When shall I go and behold the face of God? (Psalm 42:2-3)






I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land (Ps. 143:6). As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God (Ps. 42:1). In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.







Pericope:
II : The Book of Signs
RIVERS OF LIVING WATER
John 7:3739

The New Law
THE WONDERFUL STREAM
Ezekiel 47:1-12

II : The Book of Signs
THE SAMARITAN WOMAN
John 4:4-42

VI : The New Creation
THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH
Revelation 21:1-8

VII : Epilogue
THE NEW JERUSALEM
Revelation 22:6-21

II : Expiation of Sin, Spiritual Liberation of Israel
AN INVITATION TO GRACE
Revelation 55:1-13

II : The Proclamation of the Kingdom
THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT - BEATITUDES
Matthew 5:1-12

Second Book
LONGING FOR GOD'S PRESENCE IN THE TEMPLE
Psalm 42-1-12

Fifth Book
A PRAYER IN DISTRESS
Psalm 143:1-12




Published: 
May 08, 2017, 7:53 AM
November 19, 2012 6:28AM
July 6, 2011